Tuesday, February 28, 2012

DIY vanilla extract

I have 2 pods of vanilla beans..huhu and yet to do something about it. Then, I saw this at abeautifulmess.typepad.com and I was excited to try it out, and the ingredients are as simple as vanilla bean and vodka! Huhu..but, as a Muslim, I cannot consume liquor..:(

So, I searched for alternative of vodka, and found that glycerine will do just fine. Hmm, what is that? I'm a bit sceptical about it, I mean what would it taste like, would it be good enough, etc. But, I hope the soon-to-do extract would be nice! So, I can use it for baking cookies, cakes, and all the desserts that I could get my hands on. :)

See how beautiful the extract is..
Picture credits to abeautifulmess.typepad.com
Till the next update, y'all!

p/s: Where does they got all the beautiful bottle eh? huhu..always a cute one~ I like~!!

No comments: